Serve the City (STC) International is seeking a qualified individual to join our Digital Infrastructure team as a Website Administrator/Developer and Microsoft 365 Account Manager. This part-time position (19 hrs/week) offers an excellent opportunity to work with our STC-branded websites and Microsoft 365 tenant, contributing to the improvement and maintenance of our systems. This is a “remote work” position but Belgian citizenship/residency is required due to funding source requirements. There are no fixed hours other than a biweekly team meeting. STC International uses Microsoft Teams for meetings, messaging, file sharing and other collaborative actions. The position reports to the Chief Operating Officer of STC International.
Who We Are:
Serve the City is a global network of cities around the world that seeks to transform neighborhoods by mobilizing volunteers to do acts of kindness to those in need. We connect volunteers to an array of activities in urban areas that support vulnerable and marginalized populations, including the homeless, the elderly, children in need, victims of abuse, asylum seekers and refugees, persons with disabilities, and many more. Our volunteers also promote care for the environment, helping to raise awareness of the importance of waste management and the circular economy in cities, creating community initiatives to nurture and share our resources, and project activities that strive for zero waste. Serve the City International is the hub of this movement and provides resources and guidance to city leaders around the world. Because of its global nature, Serve the City International has adopted English as its working language.
- Administer and develop STC-branded websites, including servethecity.net, servethecity.academy, and various city websites.
- Manage accounts and platform security to ensure the integrity of our websites.
- Set up new city websites and vet additional plugins for functionality and compatibility.
- Update the basic website architecture to enhance maintenance and security protocols.
- Serve as the account manager for our Microsoft 365 tenant.
- Add new user accounts and domains to our Microsoft 365 tenant.
- Create shared mailboxes and assign licenses as required.
- Periodically remove unused accounts to optimize resource allocation.
- Respond to and/or delegate support tickets related to our websites and Microsoft 365 tenant.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Demonstrated expertise in WordPress for website administration:
- Proficiency in managing and administering websites using WordPress.
- Strong understanding of the WordPress content management system and its functionalities.
- Ability to customize themes, templates, and plugins within the WordPress ecosystem.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving technical issues related to WordPress.
- Knowledge of WordPress security best practices and familiarity with implementing security measures.
- Experience managing accounts/domains for a Microsoft 365 tenant:
- Proficiency in managing user accounts and domains within a Microsoft 365 environment.
- Familiarity with assigning licenses, managing permissions, and troubleshooting user account-related issues in Microsoft 365.
- Proficient in developing websites and evaluating/testing plugins:
- Ability to assess and evaluate plugins for functionality, compatibility, and performance.
- Proficiency in conducting thorough testing to identify and resolve issues related to plugins and website functionalities.
- Experience working with multi-site structures:
- Familiarity with managing websites that utilize multi-site structures within WordPress including best practices for organizing and maintaining multi-site architectures.
- Understanding of how to configure and customize themes, plugins, and settings across multiple sites.
- Experience working with multi-lingual platforms:
- Proficiency in managing websites that support multiple languages.
- Familiarity with multilingual plugins, such as WPML or Polylang, and their setup and configuration.
- Knowledge of LearnPress, Salesforce, and Azure Cloud a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken conversational English and work cross-culturally.
- A laptop computer will be provided if needed.
If you are a motivated individual with the necessary skills and experience, and you are excited about contributing to global volunteer movement, we encourage you to apply. Join our dynamic team and be part of our mission to make a positive impact through STC International.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience no later than 15 September 2023 to GOT@servethecity.net. We intend to fill this position prior to 1 November 2023. We look forward to reviewing your application and will contact shortlisted candidates for further steps in the selection process.
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for considering a position with STC International.