Flourishing Communities Learning Hub
Based on the concept of shalom, flourishing is becoming a meaningful vision for cities and communities all over the world. As we live with the continual effects of COVID, this vision becomes a source of hope, a tug on our motivation and a reminder that we are meant for more than just existing. The Flourishing Communities Learning Hub (FCLH) provides insights and tools to guide community focused practitioners, faith-based leaders and community members in how to work collaboratively to create spaces and places where everyone can flourish.
Many courses are inspirational but not transformational. A learning hub gives participants the opportunity to embed new knowledge and practice. We recognise change takes time and we want to journey with participants through that change. Whilst delivered in an intensive format over four days, the learning hub will provide students the opportunity to interact with preparation materials in the lead-up to the face-to-face training. Post the training, students will be invited to remain connected with the learning hub via an online portal for the sharing of stories, resources and lived experiences.
The intensive itself will consist of 8, 3hr sessions over 4 days, helping students explore:
- What community is
- Hope for our communities
- Personal motivation for community work
- The Flourishing Framework®
- Practical tools to bring change
- Strength based leadership
- Processes for community change
A typical session will include dialogical teaching, building on what the student already knows; group work and tools for application.
Arrive 13th June
- Training sessions 14 – 17 June
- A morning session (9 am -12 noon) and an afternoon session (2pm -5 pm) each day
- Lunch served at the hotel
- One afternoon walk around town and visit to Oskar Schindler Factory museum. Optional dinner in the old Jewish quarter afterward.
Depart 18th June
Cost of participation
- The cost of participation is 450 euros per person (single occupancy room) or 305 euros per person (double occupancy room). This includes the full four days of training, all training materials, five nights stay and breakfast at the hotel (13th-17th June), and lunches during the four days of training.
- Other costs to be covered by the participant themselves: flights or other transport to and from Kraków, local transport in Kraków, evening dinners, entry to the Oskar Schindler Factory Musuem (28 PLN, about 6 euro)
- If you would like to extend your stay, you will have to make your own arrangements and do so at your own cost.
Kraków International Airport (KRK) is the main airport and is directly connected to the city center and training location by train, tram, and bus. From the airport to the training and hotel location will take about 30 mins inclusive of the transfer from the train to the bus or 20mins by Uber/taxi.
All COVID-19-related restrictions for entry into Poland and throughout the country have been removed. Masks are only recommended in crowded areas but are required in pharmacies, clinics, and hospitals.
If you require a COVID test for your trip away from Kraków, 24hour testing centers are available at the Kraków airport, information can be found here.
Training and hotel location
Novotel Krakow City West
Armii Krajowej 11
Uber/Taxi: 60-90 zł, 20 mins
Getting there by public transport, 30 mins inclusive of transfer.
Train: 6zł (One way 2 hour ticket)
Bus: 4zł (One 20 minute ticket)
The journey from the airport to our training location requires one train and one bus.
- The train station is directly connected to the terminal, follow signs from just outside of baggage claim, by going up the escalator and over the footbridge (see map below). There is a “next train to city center” informational sign in front of the escalator. Trains leave approximately every 30 mins.
- Take any train from the Kraków airport, you will get off at the “Kraków Bronowice” train station (10 mins, and just the 4th stop after leaving the airport). Tickets can be bought with card onboard, at the platform, or from the conductor (tell the conductor you are going to “Kraków Bronowice”). From the ticket machines (platform or on board) Select English, then choose “stops” ticket type, your start station is “Kraków Lotnisko (Airport)” and your destination or last station is “Kraków Bronowice”.
- Get off at “Kraków Bronowice” and from the train station, you will walk south (towards ul. Balicka) (see image below) for 360 meters and across the street to the bus stop “Bronowice SKA 07”.
- Take any bus 173, 139, 208, 310, 501, or 511 (departures every 5 mins). Tickets can be bought at the bus stop or onboard with a card at the ticket machine, select English, then select “normal 20-minute” ticket.
- On bus 310 you will go only one stop to “Przybyszewskiego 01”
- On busses 501 or 511 you will go two stops to “Przybyszewskiego 01”
- On busses 173, 139, or 208 you will go three stops to “Przybyszewskiego 01”
- The Nowohotel Kraków City West will be located to your right about 100 meters before the bus stop, the reception entrance is around the right side of the building.