Ireland, known as the land of Saints and Scholars, looks forward to welcoming you and your team from your city. As a global movement, our International Forum is the premier way in which we connect, engage and learn together. As a gathering of servant leaders from your expression of Serve the City, we look forward to serving and inspiring you. Our opening night welcome dinner is in the historic Christchurch Cathedral in the heart of Dublin city. Our main International Forum venue Friday & Saturday will be in the Eurofound Conference Centre in a campus setting south of the city-centre. Come to be inspired and experience the “céad míle fáilte” (a hundred thousand welcomes).
Thursday 25 October
19:00 – 21:00
Friday 26 October
Morning Prayer (optional)
Saturday 27 October
Morning Prayer (optional)
Sunday 28 October
Our Opening Night Welcome Dinner will be held in the crypts one of Dublin’s most famous attractions, Christchurch Cathedral! Located right in the city centre, this will be a chance to meet and mingle with fellow volunteers from afar in a beautiful and historic setting.
*Dinner is included
Eurofound Conference Centre
D18 KP65 Loughlinstown
The conference itself will be held in the Eurofound Conference Centre, a EU Institution. Running all day Friday and Saturday, we look forward to bringing you an exciting schedule of workshops, seminars and other events!
*Lunch is included both days
Dublin Airport to Dublin city centre
- Hire a car – there are numerous car rental companies located in Dublin Airport – including Hertz, Avis, Europcar, Enterprise, Budget, Dooley and Sixt – for further details see here.
- Taxi – there are taxi ranks located directly outside Terminals 1 and 2.
- Public transport. At Dublin Airport you can buy a 3-day LEAP card for €19.50 which gives unlimited travel on Bus, Luas (light rail) and Dart (rail) for three days.
- Dublin Bus #16 from Dublin Airport to College Green (can use leap card)
- Airlink Express #747 from Airport to Christ Church Cathedral or College Green (can use leap card or is €6.00 with online discount)
For more details on bus transport from Dublin Airport – please see here.
Getting to Loughlinstown
- By Car. Driving from Dublin Airport via M50 motorway south bound and JUNCTION 16 – CHERRYWOOD / LOUGHLINSTOWN. When you leave the M50 at this junction you will be on a road facing towards the sea and heading on the R118 to Dun Laoghaire/Ferry Port. (Note: there is an electronic toll on M50 each way).
- Public transport from the city centre
- Luas (green line) from city centre College Green/Trinity stop south to Brides Glen (just after Sandyford Stop – note ‘Sandyford’ Luas terminates at Sandyford). Maps of Luas stops can be found here. Travel time from the city centre to Brides Glen is about 40 minutes, and from there it is about a 15 minute walk to the Eurofound Centre.
There are a wide variety of budget backpacker hostels available in Dublin city centre, including but not limited to:
- For those who want to stay in the heart of Dublin, mid-range city centre hotels include: Jurys Inn, Temple Bar Inn and Academy Plaza Hotel
- For those who would like to be closer to the Eurofound venue, the Beacon Hotel, Clayton Hotel Leopardstown or other south Dublin hotels might be preferable.
Host homes. Accommodation in host homes may be available, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
It is the responsibility of those travelling from overseas to ensure that they have the correct documentation necessary to enter Ireland. For further information please check out the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade website.